When using Call Home, the customer configures InfiniBox to automatically send pre-failure or failure notifications to the Infinidat event store. Based on pre-defined rules, these notifications generate alerts in Infinidat's issue tracking system. Infinidat Support analyzes alerts promptly and takes appropriate actions. If an alert requires service, the customer is informed and action is taken with the customer’s approval. This might include, for example, recovering the service in the system, sending replacement parts etc.
Call Home notifications are sent through emails via an SMTP server. This is a one-way method of communication. Call Home cannot be used for Infinidat to access the InfiniBox.
Infinidat Remote Support is optional software running on the Support Appliance (SA) to create a secure point-to-point connection for supporting InfiniBox and accelerating the resolution of Support cases.
Remote Support Server (RSS) provides:
- On-demand secured connection to the InfiniBox on the customer site
- End-to-end encrypted channel
- Full customer control of the connection
- Full visibility and auditing of the session logs.
RSS provides Infinidat Support personnel with access to only the management interfaces of the InfiniBox system. This is equivalent to attaching a keyboard and a screen to the InfiniBox with the added benefit of exposing a full audit trail of the Support session.
To set up RSS, logged in users can refer to the Remote Support User Guide.
InfiniTunnel is a self-sustained Support tool designed to ease the process of opening an SSH tunnel for Support purposes.
InfiniTunnel is designed to be run from a customer's desktop or laptop system (Windows, Linux, Mac). It opens an SSH tunnel from the InfiniBox storage system to the Infinidat Support Server.
InfiniTunnel temporarily enables an encrypted SSH tunnel from InfiniBox to a secured server over the internet.
InfiniTunnel is helpful when the Remote Support Appliance:
- is not available
- has no internet connection (for example, due to a firewall policy)
How to run InfiniTunnel
- Download InfiniTunnel.
- Authorized personnel can access the list of download locations from: InfiniTunnel - Release Notes.
- Customers should contact Infinidat Support if InfiniTunnel is needed.
- Run InfiniTunnel from a desktop or laptop system that uses Windows, Linux, or OS X operating systems.
- The system you are using must have internet access (port 22).
- The system you are using must be connected to InfiniBox, either using a direct Ethernet cable or connecting to the InfiniBox LAN.
When an Infinidat Support Professional must be onsite
An Infinidat Support Professional needs to be onsite to support:
- Parts replacement (drive, node, DIMM, etc.)
- Remote session establishment if RSS and InfiniTunnel are not available from the customer
The customer is expected to provide the Infinidat Support Professional with:
- A data center entrance permit
- Internet access (WiFi) if a cellphone/hotspot is not allowed in the Data Center