- Host PowerTools
- Host PowerTools for VMware
- InfiniSnap engine for Commvault Simpana
- Infinidat Storage Replication Adapter for VMware SRM
- VSS Hardware Provider
This page describes all the available methods for collecting logs and diagnostic archives for Infinidat products.
There are two options to collect logs in Host PowerTools: from the command-line and from the web interface.
Collecting logs from the command-line
To collect from the command-line, run
infinihost logs collect; this command will generate a tgz archive with all the logs and output of the troubleshooting commands. There are several command-line options to pass to the utility:
Collecting logs from the GUI
There is another option to download the diagnostic archive from the web interface.
- Invoke the GUI by:
infinihost-gui. The result is the URL of the GUI.
- Paste the URL to a browser.
- Click Collect Logs from the top-right corner.
- Wait for the upload to complete before closing the browser.
Host PowerTools for VMware
In the Host PowerTools for VMware, there are two options to get the logs.
View log file
The first option, View Log File, open the following page in which you can see scroll and search in the most recent log file, download it, or collect all the log files:
See instructions here: 22157421 Troubleshooting guide for Host PowerTools for VMware.
OpenStack volume driver
The infinihost command-line utility, provided by the Host PowerTools package, collects the logs for our OpenStack volume driver.
Log collection takes time. It is recommended, when possible, to only collect logs for the relevant system.
Retrieving logs using the GUI
To retrieve an InfiniMetrics log from the GUI:
- In the InfiniMetrics GUI, click the Action menu and then click Collect Logs.
- In the Collect Logs window, select:
- Which system to collect the logs from, or All Systems for all enabled systems.
- How far into the past should logs be collected.
- Click Collect Logs to begin downloading the log file.
- When the collection finishes, select the location and filename where the log file will be saved, and click Save.
Retrieving logs using the command line
To retrieve an InfiniMetrics log using the CLI:
- SSH to the InfiniMetrics VM as root. If a different value has not been set for the password, the root password is
- Run one of the following commands:
infinimetrics collect-logs <serial>
where <serial> is an existing serial.
If no serial is provided, the command collects logs for ALL of the enabled systems.
If the serial provided does not exist, the command collects only general logs, and not logs of specific systems.
- To further specify the type of output, run:
infinimetrics collect-logs <serial> --file=FILE --timestamp=DATETIME --span=TIME
InfiniSnap engine for Commvault Simpana
When possible, our volume engine sends logs messages to the Simpana logging mechanism. More debug logs can be found at %SystemRoot%/Temp/infinidat_commvault* for Windows-based agents, and at /var/log/infinidat_commvault* or /tmp/infinidat_commvault* for UNIX-based agents, depending on write permissions.
Infinidat Storage Replication Adapter for VMware SRM
Our SRA package provides a command-line tool named infinisra-tools for collecting logs:
VSS Hardware Provider
The infinihost command-line utility, provided by the Host PowerTools package, collects the logs for out VSS provider; which are at %SystemRoot%/Temp/*infi_vss*.