Operating Host PowerTools via GUI
Run the Host PowerTools GUI from the Start menu.
The Host PowerTools main screen opens.
Other Operating Systems
The GUI is web-based.
- In order to access the GUI, run the following command:
- If the host has a browser, the GUI opens.
- On hosts that do not have a browser - the command returns a URL that can be used on another host that does have a browser.
Operating Host PowerTools via CLI
In order to operate Host PowerTools via command line, use the "Infinihost" tool.
To invoke on-line help on the available commands, type:
The help is displayed on the screen. Each of the options is displayed further along this document.
- The following commands are not available on Solaris (10 & 11), AIX, Veritas and OpenStack:
infinihost volume create-filesystem
infinihost volume mount
infinihost volume unmount
infinihost volume provisiondoesn't support the flags:
- The following commands are not available on Solaris 10, AIX and OpenStack:
infinihost protocol set
infinihost protocol get
infinihost iscsi connect
infinihost iscsi disconnect
- CHAP security is not available on Solaris 11:
infinihost iscsi connectonly supports
- in addition to iSCSI connections and filesystem supports, on OpenStack we disable most volume operations (provision, map, unmap, resize, rename, speedtest) and also "
metadata sync" and "
system register". The OpenStack Cinder service is responsible for these operations.