InfiniBox 7.0.x adds limited support for native SMB protocol for file sharing.
InfiniBox release 7.0.x supports only SMB 2.0 and SMB 2.1 that use a single Active Directory forest.
The following features are among those not supported for SMB in release 7.0.x:
- SMB 3.01 and 3.1.1
There is no support for signing and encryption over-the-wire
- Dual access to filesystem data via both SMB and NFS
- Alternate data streams (ADS)
For example, Internet downloads will be marked as dangerous
- Access to snapshot contents via the .snapshots folder
Note: Snapshot contents are accessible using the Previous Versions feature on Windows File Explorer
- Access Based Enumeration (ABE) that allows files to be hidden and not enumerated based on their accessibility
- SMB performance monitoring in InfiniBox or InfiniMetrics
- In-line server-side anti-virus scanning
- File access auditing
- NDMP backup
Note: It is recommended to back up SMB data using a Windows client
Share names are restricted to ASCII characters.