About this task
This task modifies the filesystem snapshot.
- A filesystem snapshot
- In the GUI, click the Datasets icon in the left toolbar, select the Datasets tab, and expand the filesystem tree to the snapshot to be modified.
- Right-click the snapshot name, or open the action menu in the settings column of the dataset row, and select Modify Snapshot.
The Modify Snapshot window opens.
- You can change the name of the snapshot.
- If the snapshot is write-enabled, you can change its size and the pool to which it belongs.
- Click Advanced to lock the snapshot for a defined period of time, or to enable or disable the snapshot's use of SSD cache, which is sometimes referred to as 'flash cache'.
- Click Modify.
Related InfiniShell commands
fs.snap.rename- renaming the filesystem snapshot
fs.snap.cache- enabling the snapshot to use InfiniBox flash cache, which is sometimes referred to as 'SSD cache'