Setting up VMware Virtual Volumes (vVols) using Infinidat Host PowerTools is fast and simple. Once you create a new datastore and select the vVols option. HPT-VM will take care of the rest.
InfiniBox VASA provider SSL certificate
Make sure that the VASA provider SSL certificate is properly configured, see Configure VMware Virtual Volumes without HPT-VM.
Once you have registered your InfiniBox with HPT-VM, select the vSphere cluster and then go to the Infinidat page.
Click CREATE to create a new datastore:
The Create Datastore window opens:
- Change the TYPE to Storage Container
- Enter the POOL NAME for the vVols pool, which will serve as a Storage Container
- Enter the SIZE of the Pool to specify its physical capacity
Click CONTINUE. The CREATE DATASTORE STEPS window appears.
Click START to begin the process of creating the vVol, where HPT-VM will:
- Register the InfiniBox VASA provider with the vCenter server
- Allow the vSphere hosts access to the InfiniBox Protocol Endpoint
- Create the vVol pool and mount it as a new datastore