There are certain situations that prevent InfiniMetrics from calling home - establishing a connection between InfiniMetrics and the the Infinidat Metrics Collector (Ramen). This can be the result of several issues:
- The IP is not resolving the URL for the Infinidat Metrics Collector.
- When there is no proxy in use - the firewall rules are missing.
- If there is a proxy in use - the proxy setting for the Call Home feature is missing.
- The customer proxy does not trust the Infinidat certificate.
- The InfiniMetrics file system is full.
- The proxy was configured during the InfiniMetrics upgrade, but was not removed. This prevents InfiniMetrics from reaching the InfiniBoxes at the Customer Data Center.
There are several ways that can be used to solve this issue:
- Make sure that Port 443 is open from IMX to callhome-eu.ramen.infiniops.com
For more information on the ports required, refer to TCP and UDP ports required for INFINIDAT products.
If a proxy is used, there is no need to check the ports.
Make sure that the InfiniMetrics DNS is properly configured.
After deployment, open a secure shell (ssh) to InfiniMetrics and run the command
If the DNS is properly configured, the output should be similar to the following:
root@ubuntu:~# host callhome-eu.ramen.infiniops.com
callhome-eu.ramen.infiniops.com is an alias for ramen-eu-nlb-737b8efe1ef1e23d.elb.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com.
ramen-eu-nlb-737b8efe1ef1e23d.elb.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com has address 126.96.36.199
ramen-eu-nlb-737b8efe1ef1e23d.elb.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com has address 188.8.131.52
- If the customer site uses a proxy - make sure that it properly configured, with relevant authentication in GUI > 3-dots corner menu > Callhome Settings (Press "Test Connection" to verify)
- If the customer site does not use a proxy - make sure that the site policy does not require proxy configuration before connection to the internet.
To check the Infinidat certificate on your system, check it with the
If you use a proxy, the command should look similar to the following:
Imetrics:~# curl https://callhome-eu.ramen.infiniops.com --proxy https://184.108.40.206:8080 -k -v
If you do not use a proxy, the command should look similar to the following:
Imetrics:~# curl https://callhome-eu.ramen.infiniops.com -k -v
In both cases, the result should show that the certificate issuer is Amazon.
issuer: C=US; O=Amazon
Make sure that the InfiniMetrics file system is not full. ssh to InfiniMetrics and run the command
df -hWatch the "/" usage:
root@infinimetrics:~# df -h / Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda6 144G 104G 35G 76% /
Make sure that the Use% value is less than 100%.
If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please contact Infinidat support.