About this task
This document describes the procedure to install InfiniMetrics on a plain Ubuntu server.
Minimum system requirements
- 64bit Ubuntu 18.04 server
- At least 8GB of RAM
- At least 30GB of disk space
- At least 2 CPUs or cores
Support for SSE 4.2. To verify that it is supported run the following command:
If you are planning to monitor more than 4 systems please refer to InfiniMetrics Sizing Guide for additional guidelines.
- Install a 64bit Ubuntu 18.04 server.
Install the required packages:
Configure the server:
Installation file download
- Browse the InfiniMetrics section in the repository.
- Click on "Other versions and platforms".
- Copy the x64_OVF10_UPDATE_ZIP download link of the latest InfiniMetrics version.
Download the installation file to your Ubuntu server using curl:
Extract the ZIP file and install all the required deb packages inside it:
Upgrading the server
To upgrade to a newer version of InfiniMetrics, first delete the infinimetrics-repo directory:
Then, follow the instructions under Installation file download and Installation steps listed above.