- 2 Scheduler
- 2 Scheduler
The Scheduler page allows you to manage scheduled events on the InfiniGuard DDE, including replication and replication throttling. With schedules, you specify when certain events should occur, and the system automatically performs those events at the specified time. Events can be one-time only, or they can reoccur at defined intervals
To access the Scheduler page, click the Configuration menu, and then click the Scheduler tab.
Use the Scheduler page to perform the following tasks:
Viewing Scheduled Events
The Scheduler page displays all replication and replication throttle events scheduled to occur in a selected time period. To view scheduled replication events for NAS shares or VTL partitions, click the arrow next to the folder to display all shares or partitions.
Use the following toolbar controls to adjust the schedule view:
The thickness of the bars on the schedule view varies based on the type of event and the selected time frame. All other open-ended events have a default span of 2 hours.
Adding or Editing a Scheduled Event
To add or edit a scheduled event:
1. On the Scheduler page, adjust the schedule view to display the time period when the event will occur (see Viewing Scheduled Events). Then do one of the following actions:
Add a New Event
Edit an Existing Event
Adding a New Event page
2. Define the start and, if applicable, the end of the event.
- Specify the Start Date and Start Time using the pop-up calendar and drop-down box.
- (Replication throttle events only) Specify the End Date and End Time. The end date and time must occur after the start date and time.
3. Enter a brief description of the event in the Description box. (This description will display on the schedule view.)
4. Specify options specific to the type of event. See the following sections:
5. Specify when and how often the event reoccurs (see Setting Recurrence for a Scheduled Event).
6. Click Apply.
7. Refresh the browser window to make sure the event settings are applied.
After a system reboot, all open-ended events (for example, replication) will restart at their next scheduled time. Events with end times (for example, replication throttle) that are past their start time will have their end action occur.
Scheduling a Share or Partition for Replication
Configure a replication schedule for a NAS share or VTL partition to automatically replicate the share or partition data to the target system at regular intervals. Disable scheduled replication if you do not want to automatically replicate the share or partition data to the target.
Disabling replication for a share or partition, or deleting a share or partition, does not delete any scheduled replication events for that share or partition. If you no longer want to schedule the share or partition for replication, manually delete the schedule (see Deleting a Scheduled Event)
To configure a replication schedule for a share or partition:
1. On the Scheduler page, add or edit an event in the NAS Replication or VTL Replication row (see Adding or Editing a Scheduled Event).
2. In the Share or Partition drop-down box, select the share or partition to schedule for replication.
Only shares or partitions that are enabled for deduplication appear in the drop-down box.
Scheduling a share or partition that has replication disabled will automatically enable replication.
3. In the Target drop-down box, select the replication target you want to replicate the share or partition to.
4. Click OK.
5. (Optional) Specify when and how often the event reoccurs (see Setting Recurrence for a Scheduled Event).
6. Click Apply.
Scheduling Replication Throttling
During replication throttling, the InfiniGuard DDE limits the amount of source replication data it sends to not exceed a specified maximum bandwidth. Schedule replication throttling to control the amount of network bandwidth used by source replication at certain times. For example, you might configure replication throttling to occur during planned backup times to avoid network contention.
For more information about configuring the InfiniGuard for replication, (see Replication.)
To schedule replication throttling:
1. On the Scheduler page, add or edit an event in the Replication Throttle row (see Adding or Editing a Scheduled Event).
2. Specify the maximum allowed bandwidth by entering a value in the Bandwidth box and selecting the units in the drop-down box (KB/s or MB/s). The lowest value you can set is 32 KB/s. The highest value you can set is 125 MB/s for 1 GbE and 500 MB/s for 10 GbE.
3. (Optional) Specify when and how often the event reoccurs (see Setting Recurrence for a Scheduled Event).
4. Click Apply.
About Replication Throttling Statistics
Keep in mind the following information when observing actual network bandwidth usage during a replication throttle event:
Setting Recurrence for a Scheduled Event
To specify when and how often the event reoccurs:
1. On the Scheduler page, add or edit an event (see Scheduler).
2. In the Repeats drop-down box, select Does not repeat to disable recurrence. Or to enable recurrence, select how often the event reoccurs:
- Daily - Specify the recurrence interval in days.
- Weekly - Specify the recurrence interval in weeks, and select the days the event occurs on.
3. For recurring events, specify how long the recurrence continues (forever, for a certain number of occurrences, or until a specific date).
4. Click Apply.
Deleting a Scheduled Event
To delete an event occurrence or event series.
1. On the Scheduler page, right-click an event.
2. On the pop-up menu, select an option:
- Delete this occurrence - Remove the selected occurrence in an event series from the schedule.
- Delete all occurrences - Remove the entire event series from the schedule.
The event or series is deleted from the schedule and will no longer occur.