About this task
The RPO (Recovery Point Objective) is the maximum lag time between the source and target sites of the replica. This lag is measured as the time that has passed from the last time the target was consistent with the source. This time difference is, in other words, the time that has passed since the last sync job was successfully completed.The RPO has the following possible states:
- RPO OK - the time that has passed since the last sync job was successfully completed is smaller than the RPO.
- RPO lagging - the time that has passed since the last sync job was successfully completed is greater than the RPO.
- N/A - no RPO was set for the replica. See more on this below.
Recommended RPO and Interval values
- When creating a replica from the GUI, the default values of the Interval and RPO are:
- Interval - 60 seconds
- RPO - 5 minutes
- When creating a replica from InfiniShell of InfiniAPI, there are no default Interval and RPO values
- It is recommended to set the values of Interval and RPO so the RPO value is at least twice the value of the Interval
- The default values described above meet this recommendation
Instructions for modifying the Interval and RPO from the GUI
- On the InfiniBox GUI, right-click the Replication icon on the let toolbar to open the Replication screen.
- Right-click a replica and select Modify Replica from the pop-up menu.
The Modify Replica screen opens.
- Modify the RPO and Interval and click Modify.
Creating a replica with no RPO
When a replica is created with no RPO (InfiniShell syntax:
rpo=NONE), the InfiniBox system does not manage the RPO states, nor create events for the transition from RPO OK to RPO lagging and back.
Creating a replica with no Interval
When a replica is created with no Interval, a sync job can be created only manually (see: Sync now).