About this task
InfiniBox allows to lock a snapshot for a specific duration. The locked snapshot is protected as follows:
- The locked snapshot cannot be deleted
- The locked snapshot cannot be write-enabled, so no one can change the snapshot content
- The locked snapshot cannot be refreshed (again, so it content cannot be changed)
- The locked snapshot cannot be unlocked
- The locked duration cannot be shortened
This feature is applicable for both volume snapshots, filesystem snapshot and consistency group's snapshot group.
Locking a snapshot (either a new or an existing snapshot), the parent filesystem or volume are not impacted. They remain writable.
- Locking a snapshot upon creation - when creating a snapshot (or a snapshot group), click the Advanced button. Lock the snapshot by setting the duration time. The expiry date and time is calculated and visible on screen before you click the Create button.
- Locking an already existing snapshot - modify the snapshot, click the Advanced button and lock the snapshot.
- Extending the lock duration - modify the snapshot, click the Advanced button. Note the expiry date that is displayed on the screen. Extend the lock duration as needed.
- To list the snapshots along their expiry date:
- To create a snapshot and set its expiry date:
vol.snap.create vol=vol-1 name=vol-i-snap-1 lock_duration=1mand approve the dangerous operation
- To set a lock duration, or to extend the lock duration:
vol.snap.secure_lock snap=vol-1-snap-2 lock_duration=1dand approve the dangerous operation