About this task
The snapshots table on the volume's screen displays snapshots along with their properties.
Size – The defined size of the parent volume at snapshot creation time.
If you change the parent volume size after the snapshot was taken, the snapshot size is not impacted
Allocated – The amount of capacity the system had to allocate to support the snapshot. A snapshot is always thin provisioned.
Used – The amount of data the host wrote to the parent volume after the creation time of the snapshot
Specifying the capacity units
Use the unit argument to specify the way the capacity fields of the output are displayed. Available units are:
- B – Byte. For example, 1000000192512
- G – GB. For example, 1000.00 GB
- GB – Same as G.
- GiB – Gibibyte. For example, 931.32 GiB.
- T – TB. For example, 1.000 TB.
- TB – same as T.
- TiB – Tebibyte. See GiB above. For example, 0.909 TiB.
- Block –512 bytes. For example, 1907349.
The snapshot detailed query
Use the detailed argument to display more information for the queried pool:
- SSD Cache - determines whether the snapshot is set to use the system's cache
- Replication Role - specifies the replication role of the parent volume
- Created At - the time the snapshot was created
- Click the Volumes & FS icon on the toolbar on the left.
The Volumes screen opens, displaying the system's volumes.
- Expand a volume in order to view its snapshots.