About this task
This task restores a volume from one of its snapshots.
Restoring relations among the volume and its descendants
- The volume and it snapshots form an ancestry tree. Within the tree, the volume can be restored from each of its snapshots.
- A volume
- A snapshot of this volume (located anywhere on the volume tree)
Before you begin
- Access the volume from the Volumes & FS screen.
- Select a volume.
- In the Snapshots tab, expand the view to see the volume snapshots.
- Select a snapshot and select Restore from this Snapshot from the Actions menu.
The Restore from Snapshot screen opens.
- Select which ancestor of the snapshot to restore.
- Click Restore.
The selected volume is restored from the snapshot.
Related InfiniShell commands
Modifying the volume attributes using InfiniShell is available via the following commands:
vol.restore- restores a volume from one of its snapshots