About this task
This task moves a volume from one pool to another.
- The volume moves with its descendants.
- You can select whether to move the volume with its capacity. In such a case, the destination pool will increase in capacity while the source pool will decrease its capacity.
- A volume
Before you begin
Access the volume from the Volumes & FS screen. Then either:
- Select a volume
- Click a volume to display it on screen
- Click Move Volume Family from the Actions menu. The Move Volume Family screen opens.
- Select a target pool from the list.
- Select whether to move the volume with its capacity.
- The default is to move the volume without its capacity
- Click Move.
The volume moves to the new pool.
vol.move- moving the volume between pools