About this task
Event rules control the way events are sent to the user.
Event notifications are sent according to the following rules:
- Event severity level
- Event code that is included in the rule
- Event code that is excluded from the rule
- Email, SNMP and Syslog targets
Before you begin
Out-of-the-box, InfiniBox has a predefined INFINIDAT SMTP server.
- To define your local SMTP server, go to the Settings > SMTP screen.
Predefined event rules
- InfiniBox sends heartbeat events to the INFINIDAT SMTP server
- To add more rules, see the instructions below
Creating an event rule
- User either of the following:
- Go to the Settings > SMTP screen and click on View Event Rules.
- Go to the Events screen and click on Event Rules.
- Click on the Create button.
The Create Event Rule screen opens.
- Fill in:
- Recipients - email addresses for the event notifications
- Event level
- Additional events - insert individual events that this rule will notify on
- Excluded events - insert individual events that this rule will not notify on
- Click Create.
The event rule is created.