About this task
This task creates a snapshot of a filesystem on an InfiniBox system.
- A filesystem
- In the GUI, click the Datasets icon in the left toolbar.
- In the Datasets tab, right-click the filesystem name, or open the action menu in the settings column of the filesystem row, and select Create Snapshot.
The Create Snapshot window opens.
- Enter a name for the snapshot.
- Click Advanced to lock the snapshot for a defined period of time.
- Click Create.
To view the snapshot tree in the Datasets window, click the expansion arrow to the left of the filesystem.
The snapshot inherits settings from its parent dataset. To change these settings for the snapshot, See Modifying a filesystem snapshot.
This task and all other filesystem tasks are available both on the GUI and InfiniShell.
Related InfiniShell commands
- fs.snap.create - creating a snapshot of a filesystem
- fs.snap.query - listing the snapshots and their properties
- fs.snap.tree - displaying the hierarchy of the snapshot and its descendants
For the complete list of InfiniShell commands, refer to the InfiniShell Commands Reference.