About this task
This task removes a member from a replicated consistency group on an InfiniBox system.
- The link has to be up
Following the removal
- A new snapshot group is created, depicting the member removal (that is, no longer containing a snapshot of the removed member)
- When the last member is removed from a replicating consistency group, the consistency group retain the replication properties
Before you begin
The purpose of the consistency group is to group datasets in a way that will allow taking consistent snapshots for all of them. When a member is removed from a consistency group, it is no longer consistent with the other members of the group. If needed, the member can be moved to a pool other that the pool of the consistency group.
- Click on a replicated consistency group on the Consistency Groups tab.
The Consistency Groups screen opens.
- Select a member (or several members) and click Remove Members. Three options are made available on screen:
- Keep replicating the member individually - the member stays replicated and preserves its synchronization status
- Stop replicating the member - the member stops replicating and the staging area (the replication-associated snapshots) is deleted
- Stop replicating the member, but retain the staging area - the member stops replicating but the staging area (the replication-associated snapshots) is preserved
- Click Remove. The member is removed from the consistency group.