About this task
This task removes a member from a consistency group on an InfiniBox system.
- A consistency group
- A consistency group member that will be removed
Before you begin
The purpose of the consistency group is to group datasets in a way that will allow to take consistent snapshots for all of them. Only root volumes qualify as members of a consistency group.
- When a member is removed from a consistency group, its snapshots are removed from the respective snapshot groups.
- When the last member is removed from a snapshot group, the snapshot group is deleted. There are no empty snapshot groups.
- When the last member is removed from the consistency group, the consistency group remains.
- Click on a consistency group on the Consistency Groups tab.
The Consistency Groups screen opens.
- Select a member (or several members).
The Remove Members button becomes available.
- Click Remove Members.
A warning message is displayed on screen.
- Click Yes to approve the warning message.
The members are removed from the consistency group.
This task and all other filesystem tasks are available both on the GUI and InfiniShell.
Related GUI tasks
Related InfiniShell commands
cg.create- create a new consistency group
cg.add_member- add a member to a consistency group
cg.delete- delete a consistency group
cg.move- move a consistency group to another pool
cg.remove_member- remove a member from a consistency group
cg.restore- restore a consistency group from one of its snapshot groups
cg.rename- rename a consistency group
cg.query- list all consistency groups
cg.member_query- list all of the members of a consistency group