About this task
- The snapshot is an entity that allows the user to restore a volume to a specific point-in-time.
- The snapshot can be refreshed so that its content adheres to a new point-in-time but all other snapshot attributes remain the same.
Refreshing a snapshot of a target volume
The snapshot refresh operation is applicable for snapshots of target volumes.
A snapshot of a target volume can be refreshed only once in a sync cycle. If another refresh is needed the user can trigger a new sync job by using "sync now" on the source replica and wait for sync job to end, or delete the snapshot and create a new one.
Note that a snapshot of a target volume cannot be refreshed in the following cases:
- There is a sync job that is currently running
- The snapshot is already synchronized with the target volume
- Select a volume from the Volumes tab.
- Select one of its snapshots.
- Right-click the snapshot and select Refresh Snapshot from the menu.
- Approve the dangerous operation.
The snapshot is refreshed.