Our customers may engage Infinidat support when inquiring for a microcode upgrade, reporting on a bug, etc. Here are some best practice guidelines for contacting INFINIDAT support.
How to contact Infinidat support
- Contact your Infinidat Technical Advisor (TA).
- For any issue, your first contact point is your TA.
- The Infinidat TA is a professional service person who is provided by Infinidat and assigned as the customer's first contact point.
- Each customer has a dedicated TA for consulting and support activity arrangement.
- If you do not have a TA or you don’t know your TA contact info, please contact your Infinidat sale representative.
- Self-service on the Support website
Infinidat provides self-service support website. In the website, the customer may check out:
On the Support website, the customer can also open a support ticket and Infinidat support will address it in a timely fashion.
- Email email@example.com
- Call Center
- A list of phone numbers is available on the support site
How to open a ticket on the Support site
- Log into the Support site at: https://support.infinidat.com.
- Click on the New Request button on the top bar of the screen.
A request form opens on the screen.
Fill in the following fields:
- Priority - the default value is Normal. Set it to your needs.
- Issue type
- Product - the product that the request relates to. This is a mandatory field.
- System serial - the ID of your InfiniBox system.
- Click Submit.
The request is submitted.
An automatic email is sent to you, acknowledging receiving the email.
- The request is visible on the My Requests screen.
- Upon Infinidat Support's reply, all email communication is logged into the request. There is no need to log into the support site in order to reply to a comment.
Set up Call Home
Using Call Home, the customer should set up InfiniBox to automatically send pre-failure or failure notifications to INFINIDAT event store. Based on pre-defined rules, these notifications will generate alerts in Infinidat issue tracking system. Infinidat support will analyze the alerts promptly and take appropriate actions. If the alert requires service, the customer will be informed and action will be taken with customer’s approval (recovering the service in the system, sending replacement parts etc.).
Call Home notifications are sent through emails via an SMTP server. This is a one-way method of communication, which means Call Home cannot be used for Infinidat to access the InfiniBox.
Set Up Remote Support Session (RSS)
Infinidat Remote Support is an optional software running on the Support Appliance (SA).
The Infinidat Remote Support provides a means of creating a secure point-to-point connection for supporting InfiniBox, accelerating the resolution of support cases.
- On-demand secured connection to the InfiniBox on the customer site.
- End-to-end encrypted channel.
- Full customer control of the connection.
- Full visibility and auditing of the session logs.
The Remote Support provides the Infinidat Support personnel with an access only to the Management interfaces of the InfiniBox system. This is equivalent to attaching a keyboard and a screen to the InfiniBox with the added benefit of exposing a full audit trail of the support session.
- Remote Support Release Notes are available here: Infinidat Remote Support Release Notes
InfiniTunnel is a self-sustained support tool, designed to ease the process of opening an SSH tunnel for support purposes.
InfiniTunnel is designed to be run from a customer desktop/laptop system (Windows, Linux, Mac), and opens an SSH tunnel from InfiniBox storage system to INFINIDAT Support Server.
InfiniTunnel might be helpful when the Remote Support Appliance:
- Is not available
- Has no internet connection (for example, due to a firewall policy)
Precedence of the Remote Support Appliance
If the Remote Support Appliance is available, customers are advised to prefer using it over
InfiniTunnel temporarily enables an encrypted SSH tunnel from InfiniBox to a secured server over the internet.
How to run InfiniTunnel
- Download InfiniTunnel
- A list of download locations is available here: InfiniTunnel - Release Notes.
- To use InfiniTunnel, the following requirements have to be fulfilled:
- Run InfiniTunnel from a desktop / laptop system with Windows, Linux, or OS X operating systems.
- The system you are using must have internet access (port 22).
- The system has to be connected to InfiniBox (using either a direct Ethernet cable or connecting to InfiniBox LAN).
Considerations for Infinidat Support Professional onsite
Infinidat Support Professional needs to be onsite, to support:
- Parts (Drive, Node, DIMM, etc.) replacement
- Remote session establishment if RSS and InfiniTunnel are not available from customer
The customer needs to provide Infinidat Support Professional with:
- Data Center Entrance Permit
- Internet Access (WIFI) if cellphone/hotspot is not allowed in Data Center