InfiniBox Active-Active replication provides zero-RPO and zero-RTO, enabling mission critical business-services to keep operating even through a complete site failure:
- Symmetric synchronous replication solution, applications can be geographically clustered
- Fully integrated into InfiniBox, allows simple management of application spread across data centers.
Further information about Active-Active replication is available on the InfiniBox documentation.
- Active-Active volume: a volume that is undergoing Active-Active replication.
- Peers: a pair of volumes that are undergoing Active-Active replication relationship, are also referred as "peers".
- ALUA: asymmetric logical unit access.
Supported Versions and Configurations
- Host PowerTools: Active-Active volumes are supported with Host PowerTools v5 and above.
- InfiniBox: Active-Active volume replication is supported with InfiniBox version 5 and above.
- For additional information about the supported configuration please refer to InfiniBox documentation.
- Host PowerTools is not supported on hosts that have an Active-Active volume mapped as LUN 0.
Host PowerTools and Active-Active volumes
Host PowerTools allows to manage Active-Active volumes and provides end-to-end relationships between Active-Active volumes and local host.
- Creating Active-Active volumes is available via the InfiniBox management consoles (Web GUI or CLI).
- Currently not available through Host PowerTools.
Hosts and Active-Active Volumes Relationships
The operation system identifies both peers as the same multipath device.
- InfiniBox Active-Active volumes are supported by the operating system's native multipath software.