When running VMware ESXi on Cisco UCS hosts with VIC cards, make sure to follow the guidelines described below:
- On the Cisco UCS Manager:
- Make sure that the Adapter Policy setting is set to "VMware" on each vHBA that belongs to an ESXi host.
- This sets the best practices configuration for the vHBA's to work with ESXi hosts.
- The vHBA parameter Port Down Timeout will be set to 10 seconds instead of the default 30 seconds, which decreases the ESXi path failover time.
- Follow the Best Practices for using VMware vSphere with InfiniBox guide.