- Monitoring InfiniGuard 2.0 systems
- Viewing the Monitored Systems
- Selecting a time frame
Monitoring InfiniGuard 2.0 systems
Monitoring InfiniGuard 2.0 systems can be done only with InfiniMetrics 4.2.
Viewing systems monitored by InfiniMetrics
The InfiniMetrics Dashboard
The InfiniMetrics 4.2 main screen introduces two tabs: InfiniBox and InfiniGuard. Clicking any of the two tabs displays a list of monitored systems.
For InfiniGuard systems, the following information is displayed:
- Name - the name of the InfiniGuard system, and a link to its GUI
- Model - the InfiniGuard model
- Serial - serial number of the InfiniGuard system
- Version - the software version on the underlying InfiniBox system
- Total throughput - for each DDE
- Physical capacity - total and free capacity
- Data reduction - the amount of storage, before and after reduction
Whenever InfiniMetrics cannot connect to a system, an alert is displayed on the screen.
Adding a system
To monitor your systems, simply add them to the InfiniMetrics dashboard:
- On the InfiniMetrics dashboard, click Add System.
- Provide the system URL and credentials.
The system is added to the InfiniMetrics dashboard.
Viewing the Monitored Systems
Upon adding a system, all of the system entities are automatically monitored as follows:
- DEDUP engines, Shares, Partitions
- The entities are monitored in 60 seconds intervals
Monitoring an entity
Use the menu on the left side of the InfiniMetrics screen to select an entity. For example, to view a Share:
- Select Shares from the menu.
The Shares screen opens.
Searching for an entity
- On the entity screen (in this example, the Shares screen), search for a Share by its name
- Additionally, you can filter the Shares by their DDE
Annotating a chart
You can add annotations to any point-in-time to any of the graphs. The annotations can be searched for, thus enhancing the way to generate meaningful knowledge out of the raw data.
Adding an annotation
- Right-click any point-in-time on the graph and select Add Annotation from the pop-up menu.
The Add Annotation screen opens.
- Add a description. Select where the annotation will be displayed (the default is everywhere – that is all of the graphs of this system).
Select a marker style (the default value is green).
- Click Save.
Viewing the annotation
- Mouse-over the annotation mark on the graph.
The annotation description popes-up.
Searching for an annotation
- Right-click anywhere on the graph and select Find Annotation from the pop-up menu.
The Find Annotation screen opens.
- You can either browse for an annotation – they are sorted by time stamp – or search for them.
Note that the manually inserted annotation is colored green, where system events are colored blue.
- Click View to see the annotation on the graph.
Selecting a time frame
You can see various time frames using the following options:
- Select a preset time frame from the menu
- Select a range of dates
- Using a mouse click, select a portion of the graph time-axis to see only this time frame
- Double-click to return to the previous time frame selection
- Use the SHIFT key to scroll through the time axis (either right or left) without changing the resolution