Registering the ESXi hosts / clusters on InfiniBox is required in order to enable storage provisioning & management.
- Prior to the registering process, all ESXi hosts should be properly connect (via FC or iSCSI) to the InfiniBox system.
Registering a new host / cluster
In vSphere Web client select the desired host or cluster.
- Locate Host PowerTools for VMware INFINIDAT View. Follow the instructions here: Locating the INFINIDAT View
For each storage system, Host PowerTools displays its name, serial number, version, available operations and a list of mapped volumes. In the screenshot above, the only available operation is Register Host.
The message on screen explains that no volumes can be created on the InfiniBox from within the vCenter Server, as long as it is not registered to InfiniBox.
Register the host using your InfiniBox credentials. The credentials are stored on the appliance and are unique per vCenter user.
The registration grants the user with provisioning privileges.
- Click Register Host / Cluster.
Authentication Required screen opens.
- Enter the following information:
- User name - Enter the user name of InfiniBox.
- Password - Enter the password of InfiniBox.
- Remember these credentials - Check in order to allow Host PowerTools to remember your access information.
- Use these credentials for all systems - Check in order to allow Host PowerTools to use the same credentials on all InfiniBox.
- Click OK.
The InfiniBox system is now registered and available for use.