About this task
InfiniMetrics network settings (Hostname, IP, netmask, default gateway, DNS servers) are configured during initial deployment. If changes to these settings are required, use the instruction described below.
Use the following instructions to change the InfiniMetrics network settings.
- Login to InfinimMetrics VAMI interface by pointing a web browser to InfiniMerics IP/Hostname port 5480 using HTTPS:
- Enter the credentials:
- Select the Network tab and click the Address button
- Edit the settings and click the Save Settings button
Note: In case that the settings change do not persist across a reboot:
- If the network settings are set at the virtual appliance level, these settings will take precedence and will be restored on the next reboot.
- In order to change the network settings on the virtual appliance level, please use the following instructions:
- Login to your VMware vCenter server web client
- Select the InfiniMetrics VM from the list of virtual machines
- Select the Manage tab and click the Settings button
- Click the vApp Options tab and expand the Networking Properties section
- Change the settings and click the OK button
- If the settings are greyed-out (uneditable), the appliance needs to be shut-down prior to changing them.