Click any of the monitored entities in order to view its metrics.
Viewing the system totals
The system totals monitor displays the following monitors:
- SAN IOPS
- SAN Throughput
SAN Total Latency by I/O Type (ms)
SAN Internal vs. Total Latency (ms)
- SAN Average Block Size
- NAS IOPS
- NAS Throughput
- NAS Latency
- NAS Average Block Size
You can also focus on specific monitor types by selecting them from the display list.
Selecting the display range
You can select a display range between 1 hour and 1 year (out of a list of preset time intervals), or a customized range.
Selecting a timeline portion to display
You can click and drag your mouse to select a point-in-time to display monitored data on. The range of the data that will be displayed depends on your Display Range selection (see above).
- On the monitor, click and crag your mouse over the range that you want to display.
- The smallest range that you can select is 30 seconds.
- Right-click on the monitor ans select Zoom out to return to the present timestamp.
Selecting which metrics to display
Out of the available monitors, you can select which to display (selecting fewer monitors increases the screen space available for the monitor).
- Right click on the monitor to select whether to show annotations.
- Use the monitors and SAN/NAS drop-down lists to select monitors.
Granularity of the sampled data
InfiniMetrics samples data at a rate of up to every 10 seconds. This level of detail is kept for one year.