You can add annotations to any point-in-time to any of the graphs. The annotations can be searched for, thus enhancing the way to generate meaningful knowledge out of the raw data.
InfiniMetrics automatically annotates for important system events.
Adding an annotation
- Right-click any point-in-time on the graph and select Add Annotation from the pop-up menu.
The Add Annotation screen opens.
- Add a description. Select where the annotation will be displayed (the default is everywhere -- that is all of the graphs of this system).
Select a marker style (the default value is green).
Viewing the annotation
- Mouse-over the annotation mark on the graph. The annotation description will pop.
Searching for an annotation
- Right-click anywhere on the graph and select Find Annotation from the pop-up menu.
The Find Annotation screen opens.
- You can either browse for an annotation -- they are sorted by time stamp -- or search for them. Note that the manually inserted annotation is colored green, where system events are colored blue.
- Click View to see the annotation on the graph.