InfiniMetrics exposes a public API that supports:
- Getting information about the monitored systems
- Updating system credentials
- For each system, getting the list of monitored entities
- For each monitored entity, getting the collected data in JSON or CSV format
- Getting, creating, updating and deleting annotations
Visit the page http://<infinimetrics-hostname>/api/rest/ via a browser to try out the API and to read its documentation.
Access to the InfiniMetrics API via HTTPS requires a signed certificate installed on the InfiniMetrics server.
See Uploading and replacing the InfiniMetrics SSL certificate for more details.
Example: Accessing from a Linux Shell
Latest System Status
Retrieve the status of a system.
The API can be accessed at
- status can be OK / AUTH_FAILED / UNAVAILABLE / UNREACHABLE / DISABLED.
- service_running says whether the metrics collection process is running.
- The response includes the SAN/NAS stats only when service_running is true and status is OK.
- The returned information is updated every 10 seconds.