- 1. Supported upgrade paths
- 2. Download site for the installation file
- 3. Backing up the VM
- 4. Upgrading InfiniMetrics via the internet
- 5. Manually providing the upgrade file
- 6. Using a specified repository for upgrade files
- 7. Using the vm upgrade manager
- 8. Upgrading to InfiniMetrics 4.1 or newer from earlier releases
1. Supported upgrade paths
|4.1.x||√||√||√||See here||See here||See here|
|4.2.x||√||√||See here||See here||See here|
|√||See here||See here||See here|
There is no direct upgrade path to version 5.0. You can migrate your data from version 4.x. For more information, see Migrating from InfiniMetrics 4.x to 5.0
INFINIDAT leverages VMware's native Update Manager by providing a tool that checks for upgrades. This tool is accessible via the internet.
If your vCenter Server does not have an internet connection, you can use other upgrade methods as described further down this section.
2. Download site for the installation file
The InfiniMetrics installation file is provided in an OVA format. The OVA file is available from:
3. Backing up the VM
Prior to the upgrade, it is advised to back up the InfiniMetrics VM.
4. Upgrading InfiniMetrics via the internet
This section explains how to upgrades InfiniMetrics using the INFINIDAT Upgrade Tool.
On a browser, access INFINIDAT Upgrade Tool:
Use the following credentials:
The INFINIDAT Upgrade Tool opens on screen.
Click the Update tab.
Your current InfiniMetrics version is displayed on the screen.
Click Check Updates.
Details of the available update are displayed on screen
Click Install Updates.
The available update is installed.
5. Manually providing the upgrade file
This section explains how to upgrade InfiniMetrics when the upgrade file is provided manually.
- Go to the repository site (see the link on the top of this page).
- Select InfiniMetrics on the navigation tree.
- Click on Other versions and platforms.
Select the file that ends with ISO and download it.
- Mount the ISO file to the VM as a CD ROM device.
- On the INFINIDAT Upgrade Tool:
- Go to the INFINIDAT Upgrade Tool as explained above.
- Click on Updates, then on Settings and select the CD ROM Updates option.
- Upload the file and click Save.
6. Using a specified repository for upgrade files
Install the INFINIDAT Application Repository.
A link to the relevant Application Repository documentation is available on top of this page.
Populate the Application Repository with the InfiniMetrics upgrade package.
Point the InfiniMetrics appliance to fetch the package from the Application Repository.
Copy the Repository URL and replace repo.infinidat.com with the new repo address.
7. Using the vm upgrade manager
- Repeat step 1 of Manually providing the upgrade file (above).
Go to the Upgrade Manager.
For instructions on upgrading InfiniMetrics via the native VMware Update Manager, see VMware Studio 2.6 User Guide page 21.
8. Upgrading to InfiniMetrics 4.1 or newer from earlier releases
- InfiniMetrics 4.1 introduces InfiniMetrics Call Home.
- First-time activation - the Call Home requires INFINIDAT support