How to access InfiniMetrics
- Viewing the metrics of an InfiniBox system requires credentials of a user that can access the InfiniBox or InfiniGuard system.
- Starting from release v5.6.1, credentials for READ_ONLY permissions must be provided when adding a system to InfiniMetrics or when changing a system's connection settings.
Systems added prior to this release can continue being monitored.
Create users in InfiniBox
For each system in InfiniMetrics:
- One InfiniBox READ_ONLY user is used by InfiniMetrics for ongoing monitoring the InfiniBox or InfiniGuard system.
- The same, or another, InfiniBox READ_ONLY user may be used to view the information in InfiniMetrics for that system.
To create a user in InfiniBox:
- Log in to InfiniBox with a user that has permissions to add users.
- Select the Settings view, and open the Users tab.
- Create a local user with a READ_ONLY user role.
For more information, see the Authentication and Security and LDAP Integration chapters on the InfiniBox user documentation.
Add InfiniBox users to InfiniMetrics
When you add a system to InfiniMetrics, you are prompted to enter the credentials of the InfiniBox READ_ONLY user that will monitor the system.
When you select a system in the InfiniMetrics main screen:
- If a user is already logged in to that system in InfiniMetrics, the detailed monitors are displayed.
- If no user is logged in, you are prompted to enter the credentials of an InfiniBox READ_ONLY user.
You can opt to:
- Automatically reuse the credentials for this system for the next two weeks
- Use the same credentials for viewing the metrics of all systems in InfiniMetrics