This test checks for the INFINIDAT device attributes in
multipath.conf as mentioned in KB1704337.
This test case fails if:
- There are no settings for Infinidat in the multipath configuration file.
- One of the attributes mentioned in KB1704336 are missing from the multipath configuration file.
This test case passes if:
- All of the recommended attributes exist.
How-to fix this test
The automatic fix does the following:
- Creates and sets the recommended values for INFINIDAT in the multipath configuration file. You can review the recommended settings at KB1704336.
- Does not remove any key-value pairs that already exist.
- Creates 2 files for user inspection before completing:
/etc/multipath.conf.[timestamp].full- this file contains the current configuration.
Note that this file will include all multipath configuration, including default built-in values that the multipath service uses. This means that this file may contain more values than those already written in the configuration file (in /etc/multipath.conf)
/etc/multipath.conf.[timestamp].fixed- this is the new file that will be used after the fix is completed.
- Awaits user approval. The user may use a diff tool to compare these two files before confirming the fix.
- Once the fix completes, these files are removed. The files are not removed if the fix is not applied (e.g. if the user decides not to apply the automatic fix).
- When the automatic fix is applied, it will create a backup of the old configuration file, in
- The fix will also create a
grubentry that the user may use to revert to the old configuration on startup, if needed.
Merge the existing configuration file with the values mentioned in KB1704336.