This page outlines the tasks to be performed on physical hosts that will be accessing InfiniBox volumes provisioned by OpenStack Cinder
Preparing the hosts to work with InfiniBox
- Install Host Power Tools from our application repository
infinihost settings checkto verify that the HBAs, MPIO and the rest of the storage stack is working properly.
- Note that there is no need to register the host with InfiniBox with
infinihost system register
A note on Host PowerTools precedence over OpenStack
- Registering hosts and provisioning volumes by using both Host Power Tools and Cinder OpenStack is not supported.
- When infinihost detects that OpenStack is installed, it removes the system registration and volume operations from both the command-line and the web interface.
Configuring Multipath I/O for OpenStack services
- Enable the following keys inside Cinder's configuration file (/etc/cinder/cinder.conf):
- Recommended: debug=true
- If you intend to map volumes to nova instances, you should enable multipath inside nova's configuration file (/etc/nova/nova.conf):
libvirt_iscsi_use_multipath = true
- For the changes to take effect, restart the openstack service:
Connecting the host to InfiniBox
The following step depends whether you are using a Fibre channel or iSCSI protocol for connecting to InfiniBox.
Fibre channel connectivity
The host and the InfiniBox systems' FC ports should be zoned manually on the FC switch, or using OpenStacks' "Brocade Fibre Channel Zone Driver".
- OpenStack initiates iSCSI discovery and login automatically.
- If there are more than one network spaces on InfiniBox:
infinidat_preferred_iscsi_network_space = <name>to the volume driver configuration section.
- Each volume-driver instance supports one pool and one network space.
- Configuring InfiniBox volume driver for OpenStack Cinder
- Installing InfiniBox volume driver for OpenStack cinder