This article describes how to configure fibre channel drivers and other system settings in Solaris for better performance with Infinibox.
This is a manual configuration step that is currently not supported in Host Power Tools.
Manual configuration guide
- For QLogic ports, the configuration file is located in /kernel/drv/qlc.conf.
- For Emulex ports, the configuration file is located in /kernel/drv/emlxs.conf.
- General system settings are in /etc/system file.
To check the current configuration, please run:
And make sure the output contains the following values:
To disable any vendor specific options, you should comment out the following line and the lines beneath it inside /kernel/drv/scsi_vhci.conf:
- To set the QLogic driver properties, edit the lines inside /kernel/drv/qlc.conf that correspond to the recommended settings above.
- To set the Emulex driver properties, edit the lines inside /kernel/drv/emlxs.conf that correspond to the recommended settings above.
Various tuneable SCSI settings, can be retrieved using mdb. Note that the default values are fine. To view them, type:
You can set them using:
A reboot is required after changing any of the above settings.
Attention! Changing the above settings may break compatibility with other vendors.
The license could not be verified: License Certificate has expired!