- Monitoring InfiniBox 4.0 systems
- Viewing the Monitored Systems
Monitoring InfiniBox 4.0 systems
Monitoring InfiniBox 4.0 systems can be done only with InfiniMetrics 4.0.
Viewing the monitored entities
When monitoring InfiniBox 4.0 systems using InfiniMetrics 4.0, there is no need to select what entities to monitor. InfiniMetrics 4.0 monitors all of the InfiniBox entities that are mapped to a host (or a cluster).
Viewing systems monitored by InfiniMetrics
InfiniMetrics main screen
The main screen of InfiniMetrics displays the monitored systems along with a summary of their key metrics. On top of the screen, the total number of monitored systems and the number of system alerts are displayed.
The following information is accumulative for all of the systems: number of monitored systems, system capacity (physical allocated, physical free, virtual allocated, virtual free).
The following information is displayed for each of the systems:
- System name - the name of the system and its type
- InfiniBox model
- Serial number - the system serial number
- InfiniBox software version
- Performance - throughput and OPS for SAN and NAS
- Physical capacity - total and free capacity
- Virtual capacity - total and free capacity
Whenever InfiniMetrics cannot connect to a system, an alert is displayed on the screen.
Adding a system
To monitor your systems, simply add them to the InfiniMetrics dashboard:
- On the InfiniMetrics dashboard, click Add System.
- Provide the system URL and credentials.
The system is added to the InfiniMetrics dashboard.
Viewing the Monitored Systems
Monitoring an entity
Use the menu on the left side of the InfiniMetrics screen to select an entity. For example, to view a replica:
- Select Replication from the menu.
The Replication screen opens, displaying of the replicas for this InfiniBox systems. The replicas are sorted by Replication Links.
Searching for an entity
- On the entity screen (in this example, the Volumes screen), search for a volume by its name
- Additionally, you can filter the volume's list by pool
- Select several entities (for example, several volumes)
- Click Aggregate.
The volumes performance indicators are displayed together
Annotating a chart
You can add annotations to any point-in-time to any of the graphs. The annotations can be searched for, thus enhancing the way to generate meaningful knowledge out of the raw data.
InfiniMetrics automatically annotates for important system events.
Adding an annotation
- Right-click any point-in-time on the graph and select Add Annotation from the pop-up menu.
The Add Annotation screen opens.
- Add a description. Select where the annotation will be displayed (the default is everywhere – that is all of the graphs of this system).
Select a marker style (the default value is green).
- Click Save.
Viewing the annotation
- Mouse-over the annotation mark on the graph.
The annotation description popes-up.
Searching for an annotation
- Right-click anywhere on the graph and select Find Annotation from the pop-up menu.
The Find Annotation screen opens.
- You can either browse for an annotation – they are sorted by time stamp – or search for them.
Note that the manually inserted annotation is colored green, where system events are colored blue.
- Click View to see the annotation on the graph.