Host PowerTools for VMware supports hosts that are connected to InfiniBox either via FC or iSCSI.
Host PowerTools automatically identifies the connected InfiniBox systems for hosts that are connected via FC.
Setting up an iSCSI service on InfiniBox
See InfiniBox best practices for setting up iSCSI services on the InfiniBox best practices page
Connecting to InfiniBox using iSCSI
- On Host PowerTools for VMware main screen, set the protocol type to iSCSI on the slider at the top-right of the screen.
- From the menu at the top-right of the screen, select Check Host Readiness.
This may require a restart of the host.
- Once the system passes the host readiness successfully, open the same menu, select Connect to iSCSI system.
The Connect to iSCSI system screen opens.
- Type the name of the InfiniBox system. Click Continue.
- On the Authentication Required screen, enter the InfiniBox user and password. Check whether to remember these credentials and whether to use the credentials for all connected InfiniBox systems. Click OK. You are returned to the Connect to iSCSI system screen.
- Select an iSCSI network space from the drop-down list. Select an authentication method. Host PowerTools for VMware negotiates the user and secret with InfiniBox.
Click Continue. You are returned to the Host PowerTools for VMware main screen.
- The InfiniBox system is visible on the screen.
You can now start working with the InfiniBox system (provision, backup, restore, map, etc.).