- Click the Prepare button.
The Host Readiness screen opens.
- Click Start to run the readiness check and displays the outcome on screen.
Click Check to close the screen without fixing the issues
Click Fix to allow Host PowerTools to automatically fix all of the issues
You need to repeat this task whenever you connect the host to a new InfiniBox.
See more details below.
- For provisioning tasks, see: Accessing the Host PowerTools GUI.
If other vendors multipath software is installed on the host, a warning message or a pop-up might appear during Host Readiness execution.
Installation of new multipath configuration rules (claiming rules) on windows platform can cause a short removal and re-adding devices path which does not impact or disrupt applications.
Other vendor multipathing software might detect this short path removal and alert in the form of a warning message or a pop-up, these warning can safely be ignored.
Checking for host readiness whenever the host is connected to a new InfiniBox
In the following cases:
- Whenever you connect the host to a new InfiniBox system, you need to verify that the host is ready to work with it.
- Whenever you convert a host between FC and iSCSI (or vice versa)
- Select Host readiness from the Setting menu at the top-right of the screen.