About this task
The volume list command displays the following volume attributes:
- Name -- the name of the volume as displayed on InfiniBox
- Device -- the name of the volume as displayed on InfiniHost
- Mount -- the file that is associated with the volume
- Size -- the size of the volume
- # Paths -- the number of paths that connect the InfiniHost to the volume on InfiniBox
- LUN -- the way InfiniHost identifies the volume
Viewing the volumes from Host PowerTools
Viewing the volumes from InfiniBox
The volumes that were provisioned by InfiniHost are also visible from the InfiniBox Management Console (both GUI and InfiniShell).
InfiniBox Management Console displays information in addition to what is displayed on InfiniHost. For example:
- Thin -- indicates whether the volume is thin provisioned. The default is Yes.
- Write protect -- upon creation, the volume is write-enabled. However, it is possible to protect it from writing. This operation is available from the GUI and InfiniShell.
- SSD Cache -- indicates whether the volume uses SSD drives. This attribute is inherited from the pool and can be set per volume.
InfiniBox GUI and CLI instructions
Instructions for operating the InfiniBox GUI and CLI are available on the Support site.