About this task
Provisioning of storage space for a volume within a pool is done via determining the following attributes:
- Size -- the size of the volume.
- For example, 10TB, 10GB.
- The minimal size is 1GB.
- This attribute is mandatory.
- Name -- the name of the volume as will be seen on the InfiniBox GUI and InfiniShell.
- This attribute is optional.
- Flie system -- the file system that the volume will be mapped to.
- If this argument is not used, the file system name will be created by INFINIHOST.
- Mount - an existing directory on which to mount the file system.
- If this argument is not used, the mount point will be selected by InfiniHost.
- Thin -- the volume can be set to be thin provisioned.
- Pool -- the pool that the volume belongs to.
- System -- the InfiniBox system on which the volume is created.
- You donât have to specify this argument if the host is connected to a single system only.
- No file system -- use this argument to avoid creating a file system for this volume.
- No mount -- use this parameter to avoid mounting this parameter.
- Yes -- specifies whether to run the command without a preview. See below.
Previewing the command prior to execution
- The InfiniBox that is mentioned on the output is the only InfiniBox that is connected to the host, hence it was not mentioned on the command.
- The filesystem and mount point were selected by InfiniHost.
Running the command with using the Yes flag
No filesystem and no mount