About this task
The snapshot is an entity that allows the user to restore a dataset (a volume, filesystem or consistency group) to a specific point-in-time. The snapshot can be refreshed so that its content reflects the dataset content at the point-in-time of the refresh, but the snapshot metadata does not change.
Before you begin
Snapshots are allowed to be refreshed according to the following guidelines:
- A snapshot of a replicated dataset
- Source - can be refreshed
- Target - cannot be refreshed
- A snapshot group can be refreshed
- A snapshot that is part of a snapshot group cannot be individually refreshed
- Snapshots can be refreshed regardless of their write-protected state
- A dataset (a volume, filesystem or consistency group)
In the following example, we display the right-click menu of a volume snapshot. These instructions apply to all types of datasets.
- Select a volume from the Volumes tab.
- Select one of its snapshots.
- Right-click the snapshot and select Refresh Snapshot from the menu.
- Approve the warning.
The snapshot is refreshed.