The installation of Host PowerTools for VMware allows you to access the InfiniBox from within the vCenter client. The installation comprises two main steps:
- Configuring the vCenter runtime settings
- Deploying the OVA template
Configuring the vCenter runtime settings
- Open Administration > vCenter Server Settings from the menu. Click the Runtime Settings tab. The runtime settings allow running multiple vCenter Servers in the same environment.
- Provide the following runtime settings:
- Managed IP address - The vCenter Server system IP address.
- Name - The name of the cVenter Server system.
Note: Inserting an invalid vCenter Server system IP address results in an incomplete installation.
Deploying the OVA template
- Download the installation file as explained in Download site for the installation file.
- Open the vCenter client and select File > Deploy OVF Template from the menu.
On the Source pane, browse to the installation file that you downloaded onStep 1 above.
Review the details on the OVF Template Details pane and click Next.
Review the Name and Location of Host PowerTools for VMware. Click Next.
Select a host, or cluster on which the template will be deployed.
Select between thick and thin provisioning formats, all supported by INFINIDAT.
Set the networking properties
(leave blank if DHCP is used):
This is the IP address for the Host PowerTools for VMWare appliance.
The IP address of the DNS server.
Network1 IP Address.
The appliance IP address.
Network subnet mask.
- Click Next on the Service Binding screen.
Review a summary of the deployment settings and click Finish.
The template is deployed.
Note that there is a script that runs after the deployment. You can verify that the script has finished by clicking Launch Virtual Machine Console. The screen should look like this:
- Close the vCenter client and open it again to allow the INFINIDAT plug-in to be loaded.
On the either of the following levels: VC, Cluster, ESX, Folder,vm, Datastore:
Click the INFINIDAT tab.
The Host.Config.Storage privileges are required to see the tab
Initially, the message onscreen is: âCluster / datacenter not ready to work with InfiniBoxâ.
Run the Prepare command.