The installation of Host PowerTools for VMware allows you to access the InfiniBox from within the vCenter client. The installation comprises two main steps:
- Configuring the vCenter runtime settings
- Deploying the OVA template
Following the installation of Host PowerTools for VMware, there is a need to prepare the host / cluster. For instructions see: ESXi hosts and clusters readiness
vCenter Runtime Settings configuration
vCenter Runtime Settings should be configured according to VMware best practices.
- The vCenter Runtime Settings are required for correct operation of the Host PowerTools for VMware appliance as a vSphere extension.
Deploying the OVA template
- Download the installation file as explained in Download site for the installation file.
- Open the vCenter client and select File > Deploy OVF Template from the menu.
On the Source pane, browse to the installation file that you downloaded onStep 1 above.
Review the details on the OVF Template Details pane and click Next.
Review the Name and Location of Host PowerTools for VMware. Click Next.
Select a host, or cluster on which the template will be deployed.
Select between thick and thin provisioning formats, all supported by INFINIDAT.
Set the networking properties
(leave blank if DHCP is used):
This is the IP address for the Host PowerTools for VMware appliance.
The IP address of the DNS server.
Network1 IP Address.
The appliance IP address.
Network subnet mask.
- Click Next on the Service Binding screen.
Review a summary of the deployment settings and click Finish.
The template is deployed.
Note that there is a script that runs after the deployment. You can verify that the script has finished by clicking Launch Virtual Machine Console. The screen should look like this:
- Close the vCenter client and open it again to allow the INFINIDAT plug-in to be loaded.
On the either of the following levels: VC, Cluster, ESX, Folder, vm, Datastore:
Click the INFINIDAT tab.
The Host.Configuration.Storage partition configuration privileges are required to see the tab
Initially, the message onscreen is: "Cluster / datacenter not ready to work with InfiniBox".
Run the Prepare command.
When using vCenter Server in Linked Mode
Host PowerTools for VMware should be deployed on each of the linked vCenter severs environment.