About this task
This task provides a client with access to the filesystem.
The instructions below apply to:
- Filesystem snapshot
Available access rights
The client is assigned with one of the following access rights:
- Access - either of the following: read-only, read-write, none
- Root access - either permitted or not permitted
These access rights are only for the export. Access rights to the filesystem itself are set by the InfiniBox admin (See: Overview of user management).
- A host, an IP address or a range of IP addresses
- a Filesystem export
- Click an Export on the Exports tab on the filesystem's screen. The Export Permissions tab opens.
- Click Add Rule to add a new permission setting.
- A new row is added to the screen. Insert a client - either a wildcard, an IP address or a range of IP addresses. Select an access level and then whether to allow a root access. Click Done.
- Wildcard (*)
This task and all other filesystem tasks are available both on the GUI and InfiniShell.
Related InfiniShell commands
- fs.export.permission.add - adding a permission to an export
- fs.export.permission.modify - modifying attributes of a permission
- fs.export.permission.query - querying for the permissions of an export
- fs.export.permission.remove - removing a permission from an export